My priority at Reasons for God is to create more than a conversation, but a vibrant community that seeks to resolve doubt, determine purpose, and serve one another and our neighbors. Of course, a community is built upon dozens of conversations and experiences together. The place best suited for building such a community, in my experience, is on Facebook, which is why I’ve established the Reasons for God Facebook Page. I invite you to join this group and be actively involved in starting and participating in conversations.
The Short Version:
The following guidelines are intended to create shared expectations for the kind of community and conversations that are appropriate for the RFG Facebook group.
Here’s a really brief summary:
- Don’t be a jerk.
- Be honest.
- Stay on topic.
- Give more than you take.
- Disagreement is welcome, even encouraged, but don’t make it personal. Come with your questions, your objections, and your concerns!
- Overall, the goal of Reasons for God is to create exceptional value for everyone who interacts with the website or the RFG community. I invite you to partner with me and everyone else in making this a reality.
If you want to see those guidelines spelled out in detail, by all means, read on.
The longer version:
Here’s a fuller list of appropriate and inappropriate behavior, and additional important information.
- Any personal information, including email and postal addresses, phone numbers, and other private information in any comment will be deleted as soon as possible.
- This blog and the RFG community are “family friendly.” Any language which, in my sole judgment, is offensive, rude, or inappropriate will subject the entire comment to deletion. Personal attacks are also not appropriate and such comments will be deleted.
- Seeking to provoke an emotional reaction, trolling, or “threadjacking” conversations to promote your agenda is not appropriate and will result in comments being deleted.
- Comments which, in my sole judgment, do not contribute to the community or the conversation may be deleted.
- Recruiting members of the RFG community to join other Facebook groups is not allowed without first receiving explicit permission to do so.
- Links to other websites should be connected to the overall mission of Reasons for God to resolve your doubts, determine your purpose, and serve your neighbor. Spamming the RFG community to promote your own website, group, product, or service is not acceptable. I strongly encourage putting arguments and points in your own words: if something is good enough to link to, it is good enough for you to personally summarize and explain.
- Ongoing or egregious failure to respect this comment policy or, more importantly, fellow participants in the RFG community, could result in removal and blocked access at any time. I also reserve the right to remove or block participation in the RFG community for any other reason.
- All Rights Reserved: I reserve the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments. I also have the right to block access to any one or any group from commenting or from the Reasons for God FB group.
- All comments on the RFG website or FB group are the sole responsibility of the commenter, not mine or of any guest poster or RFG leader. By submitting a comment on our blog or FB group, you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold Reasons for God, Carson Weitnauer, and all subsidiaries and representatives harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability. You also grant an irrevocable, universal license, in perpetuity, for me to use your comment in blog posts, written material, and in any other format I may choose.
Thank you for your partnership with the Reasons for God community!