The Reasons for God Permission Policy
I’m grateful that so many of the loyal readers of Reasons for God want to share RFG content with others. The following guidelines are intended to give you clarity about the proper – and improper – redistribution of material from RFG. In general, all content at Reasons for God is owned by me and copyrighted in my name. Naturally, this doesn’t apply to guest posts and when I’ve linked to content by other authors.
No Need to Ask:
You don’t need to ask me if you’d like to take any of the following actions – in fact, let me encourage you to do so!
- Link to Reasons for God (either the homepage or any particular page within it).
- Re-post up to 300 words or 40% of any post (whichever is less) on any other site, provided that you prominently feature a link back to the original post at Reasons for God.
- Print off, email, or photocopy up to 100 copies of a given post for internal distribution within your own organization, provided that you clearly identify Reasons for God and the original link in such materials.
- Print my posts in any non-commercial publication (e.g., organizational newsletter or educational materials), provided you include this copyright notice: “© 2012, Carson Weitnauer. All rights reserved. Originally published at www.reasonsforgod.org”.
Requires my permission:
You must have my express written consent to do any of the following:
- Fully repost material from Reasons for God at any other website or online platform.
- Use content from Reasons for God for any commercial purposes.
- Alter, transform, or build upon any work at Reasons for God.
Guest bloggers retain the copyright to the posts they write and their own permissions policy for reuse may differ from my own. You will have to contact them directly if you wish to distribute their work. However, by agreeing to publish a guest post at Reasons for God, guest contributors are accepting that their material may be distributed as in the “No Need to Ask” section above.
If you have any questions or requests for distribution of material at Reasons for God, please contact me. I look forward to hearing from you!